Evrex Sonnet 50
Evrex Sonnet 50 Overhead Book Scanner, Home Edition combines inspired, innovative hardware custom-integrated with the award-winning Book ScanCenter™ software to deliver a powerful yet affordable solution for scanning books and documents at home.
Whether you want to archive your unique books in digital form, quickly scan and grade student essays, preserve comic book collections, or scan essential documents while working remotely, you’ll find the Evrex Sonnet 50 a necessary tool for all your scanning needs.
This leading-edge solution is developed for Windows 10 and 11 users to address the most demanding needs of libraries and is now available for use in the home. It reduces book scanning to page-turning, creates flat scans from curved books, enables glossy prints to be scanned without glare or reflection, and integrates intelligent tilt correction and auto-cropping.
As powerful as the Evrex Sonnet 50 is, this state-of-the-art scanner solution makes it easy for everyone to use. Flexible design from the ground up enables users to control the scanner using the software interface, a hand button, or a foot pedal – dual-facing pages of a book and documents up to A3 size scan at an ultra-fast, three-second rate.
- Ultra-fast scans in three seconds
- A unique hardware design that features overhead scanning to capture face-up books up to 17” x 11”
- Advanced page-flattening algorithms that transform pixels from a 3D, curved surface to a completely flat, undistorted image
- Integrated GlareFree™side lighting delivers reflection-free scans of glossy documents
- ABBYY FineReader technology for unmatched OCR accuracy, with automatic conversion to searchable PDF, Word, MP3, JPEG, TIFF, and PNG file formats
- Included finger cots enable digital thumb removal while scanning
- Matte-black scanner pad provides an essential backdrop for the cleanest scans
- Optional ThumbErase™automatic digital thumb removal technology for exceptional result
Multiple Output and Storage Options
The system enables you to send or store your scans on various media rather than just printing. The Book ScanCenter Home Edition software includes output to Dropbox, email, Google Drive, Gmail, Microsoft OneDrive, mobile devices, local or network drives, and print. The software can also reorder scanned images, insert missing pages, and modify files without requiring you to re-scan.
The Evrex Sonnet 50 Overhead Book Scanner, Home Edition is integrated with the ABBYY FineReader Engine for unmatched accuracy. ABBYY’s multi-lingual document recognition engine automatically detects English and Spanish languages.
The Evrex Sonnet 50 Overhead Book Scanner, Home Edition also enables you to include desired add-on options such as automatic thumb removal from your image without using the included finger cots; automatic “white background” for clean, printed margins; scan to Office 365; translate scanned text into 60+ language, and add an OCR language pack to support 180 additional languages.